Yes, we're back with our annual Amateur Photography Competition. So get out your cameras and get creative. TSoP is running a 3-week photography competition where you can win a Day Course in Photography, one of our infamous TSOP Mugs or a £100 voucher to use on one of our courses.
So here’s how it works:
Each week you’ll have a theme to challenge your creative skills, 3 in total, one each week. Then you simply email one final shot based on that theme to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a ‘Juror’s Pick’ and ‘People’s Favourite’ from each theme. TSoP will chose a picture we feel best meet’s the theme and all submitted images will be uploaded to our Facebook page on the Monday of each week. The image that receives the most likes, wins the People’s Favourite!
Each winner will receive a Day Course in Photography or a TSoP Mug.
At the end of the 3 weeks the winning images will be uploaded into a ‘Best of’ gallery and people will have one week to vote for their best of the best. The one with the most likes wins and receives a £100 off voucher to use on one of our courses.
Week 1 – It’s Christmas!
Let’s get festive. Create a photograph that depicts your Christmas.
Entry Deadline 6pm Sunday 1st January 2017
Voting 2nd –8th January, 6pm
Winners Announced 8th January 8pm
Week 2 – Winter Landscapes
It might be cold but winter can be beautiful sometimes. Clear frosty mornings, the warm glow of a winter sunset or maybe some snow! Show the lovely winter landscape as best you can.
Entry Deadline 6pm Sunday 8th January
Voting 9th – 15th January, 6pm
Winners Announced 15th January 8pm
Week 3 – Street Portraits
This can be a real challenge and will sort the men from the boys! If you want to take good photographs of people, you need to be confident and go the extra mile. Get out there and take some interesting portraits of people you’ve never met before.
Entry Deadline 6pm Sunday 15th January
Voting 16th – 22nd January, 6pm
Winners Announced 22nd January 8pm
All winning photos from each category will be displayed for a best of the best vote off!
Voting 23rd – 29th January, 6pm
Grand Winner Announced 29th January 6pm
The rules and terms:
- Only one entry per theme emailed to email@example.com
- You don’t have to enter all 3 themes.
- Please name the file by your name and the theme e.g. Joe_Bloggs_Christmas
- Images must be jpeg.
- You must have taken the image yourself and own the rights to be able to enter the image.
- Images must have been taken in 2016 or 2017.
- All prizes will be issued at the end of the competition.
- The overall winning prize supersedes and replaces the theme prizes.
- Prizes may be given as gifts.
- The photographer holds all copywrite over their images – By submitting you agree The School of Photography the use of the images on social media and to promote this and future competitions.
- Votes will be counted and final on 6pm on the winners announced dates above.
- The School of Photography can refuse entries and our decision on winners is final.
- Entrants will be added to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe from this at anytime.
- If a course is chosen as a prize, winners will choose from any available dates advertised on this web site.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
- This is an amateur photography competition and is for photography enthusiast and beginner photographers.