Sign onto our most popular '4 Day Photography Course' and get our beginners day for free.
Whether you’re looking to take up photography as a career or just looking to improve your holiday snaps this course will be perfect for you. In this photography course you will learn everything needed to get your camera out of those automatic modes and start taking great professional looking shots!
Day 1 - (Beginners Day) 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Introduction to manual settings
- How to control the focusing
- Getting creative with composition and using the frame
- The effects of lenses and focal range
- Controlling light via metering systems
Day 2 - 9.30am – 3pm
- Exposures 1 - Apertures and depth of field
- Exposures 2 – The effects of the shutter speed
- How to balance exposures correctly
- Long exposure photography
Day 3 - 9.30am – 3pm
- Balancing exposures to create different visual effects
- Understanding Light and white balance
- Image resolution
- Fill in flash
- In depth look at Portraiture
- In depth look at Landscape Photography
- Introduction to the post production of photography
- Getting your work out there!! – The use of social media
Day 4 - 10am – 1pm
- Getting creative on location – putting your skills to the test!
- End of course drinks (coffee of course!)
Gallery of students on our 4-Day Course
No. of Days: 4 consecutive Saturdays unless stated otherwise.
Dates: Please view available dates in the box below. NB: Sold out dates will show when selected.
Can't make one of the dates? - No problem. We'll forward you what you miss by email and book you onto the equivalent day on the next course.
Location: Basildon, Essex.
Deposits of £20 can be taken to secure your place with full payment required 2 weeks before the start date.
What you will need:
Digital SLR camera or Compact system/Mirrorless camera with manual settings, a tripod and a desire to take great pictures!
“I can't recommend Marc Newton highly enough. His combined talents and passion for teaching and photography make this course unrivalled. Look no further, this course has it all!” – Jean Wallace
“Just finished the 4 day course. Have learned so much from a real professional (both photographer and teacher). I would really recommend the School of Photography to all.” – Cedric Calmeyer
“The 4 day course is well worth the money - Marc offers an excellent standard of teaching, making you feel at ease to ask questions when needed so you thoroughly understand what you are learning. Really boosted my confidence in taking control of my camera and therefore my shots. Highly recommended!” – Sophie Fisher
Our customers love us!
Rated Excellent on Trust Pilot, Facebook and Google
This is real learning delivered by Professional Teachers!
Teaching photography since 2002 and proud to be the best training provider in Essex.
Course Fully Booked?
It’s common for our courses to be full in advance. Booking onto the next course will add you to the reserve list. Then, if we receive any cancellations, you will be emailed and asked if you wish to transfer.
If you can’t make the next course, then please sign onto the mailing list at the bottom of this page to be notified of future photography courses.
See the achievements of the last group on our Facebook page.